Embedded Software Engineer
- Easy Apply
As a Software Engineer intern in the DTSS Central Engineering organization, you will be involved in the development of internet applications and services that support various guest-facing products developed by our business partners across The Walt Disney Company. Our customers are the various domestic and international business segments across The Walt Disney Company, which include Disney Internet Media Group, Disney Studios, ESPN, ABC, ABC News, Walt Disney Parks & Resorts, Club Penguin, Marvel Comics and others.
In this role you will be responsible for participating in a variety of challenging software development projects, in a fast-paced and collaborative environment as part of a larger team of software developers. The knowledge and experience you will gain in developing high-performance, highly-scalable web-based systems to meet strategic business goals will be very rewarding.
The ideal candidate has the following skills, experience and abilities:
• Pursuing BS/MS in Computer Science, or related field
• 2 or more years experience programming in Java, C++/C#, or other object oriented programming languages
• Solid understanding of internet technologies and protocols
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Ability to solve complex problems by thinking analytically and creatively
Preferred Qualifications • Experience with SQL and Relational Databases
• Experience with Big Data / NoSQL solutions (Hadoop, MemBase/Memcache, MongoDB, Cassandra)
• Experience with Linux
Only students who are actively enrolled in a College or University, working toward an undergraduate or graduate degree, will be considered for this opportunity.