Android/iOS/Mobile Engineering Intern at Energetic Silicon Valley Start-up (reviewing applications now)
- Easy Apply
Facebook was built to help people connect and share, and over the last decade our tools have played a critical part in changing how people around the world communicate with one another. With over a billion people using the service and more than fifty offices around the globe, a career at Facebook offers countless ways to make an impact in a fast growing organization.
Come be part of a talented team of designers passionate about creating the very best product for Facebook's 1 billion users. As a Product Design Intern, you will be involved in every aspect of the product development process, from brainstorming the next feature of News Feed to tweaking pixels right before launch. You will be expected to utilize your full range of product design, interaction design, and visual design skills, and you will own the experience for a wide area of the Facebook product.
• Take broad, conceptual ideas and turn them into something useful and valuable for our billion+ users
• Design flows and experiences that are incredibly simple and elegant
• Contribute to high-level strategic decisions with the rest of the product and executive teams
• Give and solicit feedback from other designers in order to continually raise our bar for quality
• Partner with PMs, engineers, researchers and content strategists to oversee the user experience of a product from conception until launch (and then some)
• Strong portfolio featuring examples of interaction design work
• Ability to think at a high level about product strategy and vision (what we build, not just how it looks)
• Proven ability to execute on visual and interaction details
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills - you should be able to clearly articulate your design decisions
• Some experience with front-end programming (you should be able to code up a simple web site and/or an application)
• Pursuing a BA/BS degree or equivalent