7 Resources for Online Networking
Have you ever thought that utilizing sites like Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn could be your route to success in your summer internship and the gateway to future jobs as well? The way you network this summer could lead you to great places, but only if you stay in contact with people you meet by using social media sites. In fact, being an effective communicator through social media is such a valuable skill that employers now offer summer internships and jobs to people who work in the social media realm. So here are 7 online resources that will help you master the online networking world.
1) Know your Twitter etiquette.
2) Understand the Do’s and Don’t’s of Facebook.
3) Learn how to be professional on LinkedIn.
4) If you don’t have a LinkedIn account, get one. It is the primary site where employers look for hires.
5) Know the difference between the social networking sites and how you can utilize each one. Follow the blogs of all the social media sites to know their latest features and capabilities: Facebook’s blog, Twitter’s blog, LinkedIn’s blog.
6) Don’t add someone as a friend on facebook and then only try to do business with them. However, you can become a Facebook networking ninja and learn to network undercover.
7) Whatever you send, make sure to re-read, re-read, re-read. Nothing screams “unprofessional” like a typoo. (Am I right?)
***This is an installment from the series, Mastering Summer Internships. These articles will show how to make the most of your summer internship experience and be a rockstar intern in your company. Click here or enter your email below to receive weekly updates with the latest installments of Mastering Summer Internships.
*infograpic from http://www.internmatch.com/guides/using-social-media-to-network-online-video-resource