We love teens. They are creative, active, wired…and frustrated that our world is so messed up. DoSomething.org harnesses that awesome energy and unleashes it on causes teens care about. Almost every week, we launch a new national campaign. The call to action is always something that has a real impact and doesn’t require money, an adult, or a car. With a goal of 5 million active members by 2015, DoSomething.org is one of the largest organizations in the US for teens and social change. Join us at www.DoSomething.org.
Rules we live by:
1. Believe in young people. Young people can lead today. We don’t require old people.
2. Trust young people. We provide reliable, easy to access information and activation strategies, but young people decide for themselves what to do.
3. Celebrate young people. We think all measurable contributions from young people are valuable.
4. Listen to young people. We must always respect their varied abilities and time constraints.
5. Value young people. Our programs and products are free. We’re not after young people’s money; we want their passion, time, and creativity.
General Internship Requirements:
-Able to travel to our New York City office
-Committed to 12-15 hours of in-office work per week (from September 9th to December 13th)
-Self starter – ability to work well alone and with others
-Passionate about young people changing the world, committed to social change
-A member of DoSomething.org
-Love the DoSomething.org culture and can work with a quirky, close-knit team (we mean it!)
-$1,000 Stipend or school credit plus tons of fun, a great reference letter and a chance to work in a super fun and positive work environment
Dates: September 9th – December 13th
Go to www.dosomething.org/internships to apply
See Do Something internships.